Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Proud Marine Mom

When my son joined the Corps, I asked favor of God,
To watch over my son and take care of his squad.
And on days when His watch is needed elsewhere,
For those times, my request was a special prayer.

There was something I'd heard that's unique to the Corps,

Something I'd never heard of before.
When I heard the story, it reassured my heart,
Because it's something that sets Marines apart.

When a Marine is assigned to his final squad,

And the man with top rank is none other than God,
He knows for his service, his reward will be great,
For it's only Marines who guard Heaven's Gate.

So in my prayer to God, it is this that I asked,

I knew only a Marine could manage the task,
Please search through your ranks for just the right man,
One who knows combat and knows the game plan.

For those times when my son finds himself in harm's way,

Please dispatch that sentinel, without delay.
Appoint a Marine to keep watch on my son,
And please send him back home, once his mission is done.

I sleep better at night, I know my son's in good hands,

I know God hears my prayers and He understands.
My son doesn't know it, but wherever he's at,
There's a Marine up in heaven who's got his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment