Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4/29/09 Blog

Up early this morning. The alarm went off at 4:25am and I really didn't want to get up but time doesn't wait on me. Showered and headed to work in my Mustang GT. It is only a fifteen minute commute but the idiots are out already cutting me off. Sometimes I feel like running them down with my 300hp but reality gets the best of me. There was a time when I had my 96 Ford Thunderbird in the mid to late 90's that no one would cut me off on the freeway and if they did they would get cut off back by an angry Ford driver. I digress. 
The Swine Flu has taken its first victim here in the U.S. The CDC announced today that a 23-month-old toddler from Texas has lost her battle with the illness. 
"Even though we've been expecting this, it is very, very sad," Dr. Richard Besser, acting chief of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Wednesday of the infant's death. "As a pediatrician and a parent, my heart goes out to the family."
The bottom line is that we need to shut the border between the U.S. and Mexico for the time being otherwise this illness will spread like wildfire. We need to control this illness now before it becomes a plague or an epidemic. The Obama administration's answer is to spend millions at the problem. Maybe now we shouldn't have bailed out GM and Chrysler!!
Please make sure to wash your hands thoroughly and monitor your health closely.
Sen. Arlen Specter is a hypocrite and a traitor! I hope the Republicans beat him in the Senate race next year in Pennsylvania.
It looks like Prison Break is ending. It has been moved to Friday nights on Fox and only has two episodes left.
More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment